Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Week 4 - Having Faith

This weeks spiritual thought doesn't come directly from a scripture, but from something that my Book of Mormon teacher said in our lecture. He said, "faith is not to know that God can do something or may do something, but faith is to know that God WILL do something." This was so powerful to me. Lately I've been struggling a little bit with my decision to go on a mission and I've asked and asked for another confirmation that what I'm doing is the right thing for me to do with my life. As I read through my notes again to think about what I wanted to post today, I found this quote, and I know that if I do have the faith that I say I have then I need to believe that God will give me the strength to do this and that He will be there with me the whole time. I know it won't be easy and I know that it's not always going to be fun, but there will be things that make it worth it and people I meet that will change my life. For anyone reading this, trust me when I tell you that our Heavenly Father loves you. You are his child and he will never leave you out in the cold without his care. He will comfort you and stand with you and carry you through your toughest times and your happiest times. Know that he is there and that he will help you. Ask for his help and seek to find who and what he has already given you. The Lord loves you and I love you.

Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment