Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 2 - Coming Unto Christ

Alma 36:17-20
"...I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world. Now, as my mind caught hold upon this though, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of death. And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pain no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more. And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!"

As human beings, none of us are, or can be perfect in this mortal life. We will make mistakes and we will do things that we wish we hadn't. There is no way around that. But there is a way to fix it once it has happened. That way is Christ. He has given his life for the benefit and eternal happiness of ours. He loves you more than you could ever know. He has felt every pain, sorrow, and heart ache that you have. He is the only one that truly knows what you're going through. Through Him we can make our own redemption, but that's just it, we have to make it happen. We must use the atonement to save ourselves. Christ has done his part, now do yours. Repentance is the only way to become perfect. And no matter what you have done, it is possible to "get rid of it" in the sense that God will remember it no more. You cannot come unto Christ cleanly, you must lay your sins at his feet and let him take them from you. Only then can you be clean.

Wishing you a happy day!
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment